
So Halloween used to be one of my favorite holidays. I still like it, and it is WAY more fun with kids, but Nate (my husband), doesn't get too into it. So we have a few traditions we've started since having kids. One is pumpkin carving the Monday before Halloween for FHE (Family Home Evening for my non-Mormon friends), another is getting costumes for the kids (DUH), and taking the kids to all kinds of Halloween parties. I haven't dressed up for Halloween since Abby was 15 months, but this year I dressed up to go with my neighbor, Donna, to a Halloween scrapbook night at a scrapbook store. I dressed as SUPERMOM with half my hair in curlers and my cape of accomplishments (including such things as "iron husband's work pants on weekdays and jeans on weekends" and "take cookies to all new neighbors" etc). My cape is held together with an "I love Duke" pin. I am preggo (as supermom... don't get excited!) and able to do everything with speed and efficiency-- except my hair! It was fun, and Donna and I tied for second place in the costume contest. Another second place winner was Abby. She won second place at a costume contest in our Home Owner's Association. Thank you Grandma Myrna for the costume, and thank you "Supermom" for the wig. Abby's exact words are "I can't be Cinderella without yellow hair". How can I argue with such logic? Then she asked what Daddy was for Halloween. I told her that if I was SUPERMOM then he must be SUPERDAD. She thought that was cool. He doesn't need a costume, apparently. Iris is an ice cream cone and when I saw it on craigslist, I couldn't resist. It so suits her. She doesn't complain in it either, so that's a plus. Since I am the grade parent for Abby's class, I'm in charge of the Fall Treat Day (Can't say Halloween party--- DUMB) on Wednesday. So I've asked my friends on the MC (mormonchic.com for all of my non-MC friends) message board for help with game and craft ideas. I got a lot of ideas, so we'll see what I come up with. So we have that, and then a few neighbors and friends are coming over to my house Halloween for Soup and then we are heading through our neighborhood to trick or treat. Abby already has GOBS of candy. Oh well, more for me to eat and work off at aerobics. I was thinking about it today, and this will be the first Halloween that we haven't trick or treated with our friends, the Kimblers, in two years... or is it three? It made me sad. So I'm filling the next two days with way too much work to keep my mind off of it. So some things you should know about me, if you don't. I love pictures and have a hard time choosing one, so I'll post lots. I also have a hard time condensing my words, so I'll have lots of text to read (YIPPY). I'll talk about adoption, my religion, my family and mormonchic.com. So if you are interested in hearing more, let me know. So this is MY Blog and I get to say what ever I want! Be AFRAID, be very AFRAID.








4 comments:
Well it's about freaking time you joined the rest of the technology world!!!! Lol! Cute pictures and great costumes! I'm so glad you have a blog now! Can't wait to keep reading!
Yay! She's here! she's joined the "dark" side!! :) LOVED your costume! We have trunk or treat tonight, and you gave me an idea .. now to see if I have time to put it together!!
**Daisy
Lookin' good, Supermom! And the girls are adorable. Glad you decided to blog-- one more person to stalk! :)
Your costume is hilarious Amy. It looks like you figured out how to get you pictures where you want them.
BTW I think it's 3 years, but who's counting!! We should go in your old hood just for the heck of it!
Post a Comment