Friday, March 26, 2010

How would you like...?

How would you like to have this running toward you on the sidelines of the soccer field?

Okay, it looks gory and bad, but really her tooth was just knocked out by a soccer ball to the face. No, I promise, she's fine and she was actually laughing and getting a kick out of grossing out all the boys on her team! Her coach was really diligent and fished the tooth out of the grass for her. She forgot to put it under her pillow (or her daddy forgot to remind her to, but that's probably because he knew the toothfairy had no cash on him/her).

So the funny part of the story is that on the way to soccer practice, Abby was showing her friends, Mabel and Ben Turley, another loose tooth. Then Ben said, "Wouldn't it be cool if a ball hit your tooth and knocked it out?" Abby said that would be way cool. Mabel just laughed and I thought it wouldn't be cool at all.

We had the Turley kids in the van because I watched them for a couple of nights while their parents were in California working the ENT interview circuit. Ben and Mabel have a little sister named Carolyn. They were really good, and it was great to have them. I was a little nervous when Martha asked me because I knew that we would be in the middle of selling the house, but we did owe them because they took our kids when we went to Alabama in January. Well, they spent the night on Wednesday night and after getting Abby on the bus Thursday, I just shuffled them around from room to room while I cleaned the house. Then we went to the park and someone actually came to see the house while we were gone. I was glad I had decided to get it "show ready" instead of just assuming no one would look. No offers from them, but I feel accomplished getting all that done with four kids under my feet.

So after introducing the Turley kids to sloppy joes, we headed to the soccer fields for practice. Abby lost her tooth. And I took the Turley's to their house for bed since their parents were arriving late last night.

A couple of updates:
*I'm still pretty awesome, especially in the morning when my short hair is sticking straight up and I'm walking Abby to the bus in my pajamas. To quote Nate this morning: "That hair is pretty sexy!" and since Nate is never sarcastic, I got a little esteem boost! I've also hammered out three loops in my morning runs (which is just under three miles).

*Iris likes to say "awesome" and "actually" and "just a minute". She hates when I want to brush her hair. I brush her hair anyway. She'll suffer endless spanks to play on the computer and with the blinds.

*I'd like to say Abby is over her oral fixation stage, but unfortunately she isn't. I haven't noticed her licking walls lately, but she does like to put her hair, socks, toys, pencils, strange foam things on the playground and just about anything else in her mouth. Interestingly she has suffered a number of colds this season. She just had her first ear infection in two years which brings her sinus infections for the season to three. But she is doing great in math and is almost finished with the second Harry Potter book.

*Nate is eagerly fitting in yard work with his law studies. He has been diligently working out on the Wii Fit and at the Duke gym (which is free for him). Wii Fit says his weight is normal. He's my hero. He still drinks V-8 which is gross, but he doesn't deny himself a good cookie or bowl of ice cream. Apparently his thirties haven't affected him like my thirties have affected me. He is almost finished with school with about four weeks left until finals!

That.Is.All!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome update! That bloody face pic is awesome. lol. Jeremy likes V8 juice too, yuck. My boys used to say actually alot too but it sounded more like "act chewy" lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh, gotta love the blood and gore of losing teeth!
And you need to post of pic of the "sexy" morning hair! :)

n8'swife said...

My Nate drinks V8 too- gross!! Another gross thing is that picture of Abby! That's one I won't be forgetting anytime soon!

ooooo said...

wow! I would have freaked out if I saw that coming at me! I loved the updates. I would also like to see the early morning hair!

Dave said...

I've been catching up on your blog, and I think you are awesome. That's all.

Oh, and your hair is awesome too.

Amy and Clark said...

Abby does seem like just the kind of girl that would be thrilled to have her tooth knocked out by a ball during a soccer game! Gotta love it.
Amy, you are super mom and you guys will be getting an offer any day on the house...