Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Molly B!


Here's a little song in honor of my little sister's birthday:

"This month is such a special one; It's birthday time for you.
We'd really like to celebrate your happy day with you.
Zip-a-dee-ay and heigh-dee-ho, Here's something we can do.
We'll sing a song that we all know, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU"!

If you would like to sing it to her along with some accompaniment, click HERE!

This is my favorite current picture of us because we look happy, just like our parents always wanted us to be :)

Happy Birthday Molly!  Every year we get another chance to celebrate you coming into the world!  How happy I am about mom and dad's "accident"!  Seriously, you saved me from a lonely life with older, rougher brothers.  Oh, I love the boys for sure.  I can just appreciate how blessed I am to have had a sister to play Barbies with, to play She-Ra with and to pass on the tradition of torturing a younger sibling.  I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to do that.

One of my favorite pictures EVER.  Here we are playing She-Ra in the back yard.
I remember this picture being taken.  I got in trouble for covering up the picture on your PJs.  I was always getting into trouble because of you ;)
Sure, we fought.  When you borrowed my clothes, or wanted to play with my friends or annoyed me with your pretty face, perfect hair and popular social life (wait, did I just type that?).  But seriously, you were annoying.  But that is what little sisters are.  It's kind of their way of keeping us in check and teaching us how to love unconditionally.  Because no matter how annoying you were, or how "immature" I thought you were (more like how much more mature I thought I was--- which isn't really mature in hind-sight) I loved you.  I even told you a time or two.  And now, watching Abby pick on Iris, watching her manipulate her little sister to  get what she wants or just not treating her nice, there is a part of me that wishes I could go back in time and be nicer to you, share more and not take out so much of my frustrations on you.  So, from the bottom of my heart, I'm really sorry I didn't realize what I treasure I had so close to me.  How I wish you were closer now because I would share anything and spend as much time with you that I can.

Remember that time we went sledding and I let go of the sled and you broke your leg and had to be in a half-body cast for a long time and you had to pee in a bed pan?  We had some good times!
As it is, I'm grateful for the time you make for me when you drive all the way down here to see me :)  I'm also grateful for the time you spend with me when I drive all the way up there to see you :)  I'm grateful for our chats on the phone, swapping recipes and sharing parenting stories and advice.  You are always supportive of me and you are so good to my kids.  I am grateful our kids are close too.

Here we are with Grandma soon after Grandpa past.  Thanks for being here with me and grandma.

 So today, I want to honor you on my blog because you are still impacting my life in so many positive ways!  You are so strong!  We have been through a lot together and we have pulled each other through.  You have been a good example to me of perseverance, honesty, kindness, understanding and compassion.  Your faith and your continued devotion to your Savior inspires me!  You overcoming personal trials is also inspiring.  In short, I want to be like you when I grow up!

I wish I was with you today, to celebrate.  But, since you are never far from my heart, thoughts or prayers, you will be close to me today as you are every day!  Have a great, great, great birthday!  Well, as great as you can have without me there to tease you about how old you are AND how everyone thinks you are the older sister (HAHAHAHAHAHA).  Just know that you may look older, but at least you have great hair and such a pretty face!  Oh, and people keep giving you stuff, so something is working for you :)

I love you, Molly, more than you'll probably ever know!  I hope I have at least another 33 years showing you!  Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Amy, what a beautiful tribute to your sister. I could have said much of it myself to my next younger sister...well...except for the leg breaking part... ;)

OUR HOUSE said...

I have an overwhelming need to call my sisters and tell them I love them now;)

The Coxes said...

Amy - that was very sweet. And I love the cute little Amy pics from when you were a kid!!!