


On Saturday in the middle of JoAnns Fabric and Craft Store, Iris' bottom tooth FINALLY broke through. This girl has been drooling so much she could solve the NC drought if we could only bottle it (and if the thought of drinking her drool didn't make me want to vomit-- but my plants might be cool with it). She's been biting things for months and crying in pain so long that I can't remember when she didn't! And FINALLY that little bugger came through. I was so excited and fully expected a bit of respite time before the others started BUT NOOOOO... she is still drooling and crying and biting. So maybe in seven more months, we'll have another tooth! When I can get in a good picture, I'll put in on my blog! Right now it is easier felt than seen. In fact, her daddy didn't see it until yesterday afternoon (he refuses to stick his finger in her mouth--- that will serve him well in the future, when she has more teeth).
And for an update on the PTA situation. I know that you all have been losing sleep over it! Well the PTA Pres pulled her daughter out of the school and resigned as president. She gave two weeks notice (which is nicer than I would have been). So, of course I've been bombarded with requests (okay, really only two, but I have to make this interesting) to be the next PTA President, and just like I predicted, it felt good to laugh in their faces-- MMUUHHAAA. Actually I didn't laugh, but I kindly and repeatedly declined. They will have to look elsewhere for their new president because I WILL NOT DO IT. And the secretary apologized to me tonight, I accepted it and am moving on. I appreciate her being an adult about it and apologizing. Now I feel better! So sleep away, my fair friends and family. I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities for sleepless nights in future posts!


3 comments:
Yay for the tooth. You hadn't mentioned that. I hope that the Thanksgiving break can give you a good break from PTA stuff for a bit.
Glad you got the PTA stuff straightened out. Also, glad for cute little Iris, hope this next tooth comes through alot easier than that last!
Abby is such a cute Pocahontas! Wohoo for Iris's tooth! Sorry about the drool wash though :)
So glad you decided against the woes of PTA! Can you imagine the stress of being President to that pack of wolves? Rest easy now. :)
Post a Comment