Monday, February 11, 2008

Kiss My Grits!!

Have you ever had a Monday that felt like an eternity? Well I have, and today is one of those. So, I debated about complaining about things and then I realized that this is my blog and I can do what I want! Brace yourselves!

I've had a sore throat since Wednesday, and it was getting better and now it is worse. I also have infections in both eyes so I can't wear my contacts and I look like a freak! I felt great yesterday, but lousy today. It's like every other day I can function. So, boo hoo, woe as me. Anyway, a day with a sore throat can seem to last forever. I got basically nothing done. I got three loads of laundry done, but I have two or three more. I also got the clog out of my bath tub. It was pretty disgusting. I tried to use a hangar, but I ended up using my fingers. I wanted to wretch. I actually thought as I was touching this collection of hair, shampoo and body filth that I'd rather change poopy diapers than touch this stuff. Unfortunately, I got to do both today. Here is the fruit of my disgusting labor:

I'm actually relieved that this is taken care of because now my feet won't have to swim in dirty water when I take a shower. I've also learned something about myself today. I have hairphobia, or is it hair OCD. I hate hair. The slimy, dirty, comes from your drain hair is the worst, but I pretty much hate all hair. I may have to have a separate post dedicated to my loathe of hair because I have other things to complain about now.

So with a clean drain, I'm starting to feel pretty good about life. Iris played pretty well today, she had a nice long nap, ate well and was all around pretty happy until she took a tumble off the couch. There's nothing like a slight accident to really put this child in a bad mood. Okay, so I didn't have a good hold of her... Okay so she fell on her butt and hit her head... Okay, so she was already tired and needed a nap... does that mean she has to scream about it? Well, the answer, as you all know, is YES. She screams about everything. So it took the rest of the afternoon to calm her down. I had to hold her until Daddy came home (aside from the time I picked Abby up and we went to the post office). Then she fell asleep and woke up forgetting all my past sins. I just committed new ones since then.

So Nate comes home and the house is a wreck, the baby is asleep on me while I am watching Dr. Phil. But I think the look of shear exhaustion gained his sympathies and he just acted like life was normal, even though dinner wasn't made yet and he had a law reception in an hour and a half. He is a good man! Dinner was supposed to be chicken noodle soup, but I didn't go to the store, so we had quesadillas. Abby's favorite and Iris likes them too.

Nate leaves and I take the girls up for baths and jammies. We head downstairs for dessert. I let Iris play on the floor while Abby and I enjoy some Healthy Choice Fudge Bars (which are really, really, really good and only 100 calories and 1.5g of fat). While we are eating the bars I see that Iris is getting into the bag of food that my nice neighbor gave us and think that there isn't anything she can get into trouble with. A minute later I look over and realize that, once again, I was wrong! She is sitting in a pile of grits all over the floor. When I got up to "scold" her, she fell backward in surprise and hit her head:


So like the good and concerned mother that I am, I sat her up and posed her for a better picture:



And because Abby loves my fudge bars so much and she is so cute, I'm including her post bath, post fudge bar, pre-teeth brushing picture:


So the girls are in bed, still alive and I'm updating my blog hoping the ibuprofen will kick in and my throat will feel better. So, since I don't leave this blog post so negative. I wanted to share something fun. Someone on mormonchic (MC) started a thread talking about wedding rings and would we change them if we had all the money in the world. Well here is my wedding set after an upgrade (my mom gave me the diamond from hers and my dad's wedding ring) which was significantly bigger than the one that came with my set.


Now I want you to know that the irony of having a hair phobia AND hairy knuckles is not lost on me. I have embraced my hairiness, even though I don't like it. I have hairy knuckles people, it is part of me!

Here are the rings that I wouldn't mind wearing if Nate ever bought me a ring. And remember that money is no object in the jewelry fantasy:







A quick update on Abby's situation. We saw the ENT on Wednesday and he recommended surgery. She will have her tonsils and adenoids out and get tubes. Her ears are full of fluid and her hearing is getting worse. It seems like she barely hears anything anymore. Her adenoids are large and not allowing the eustachian tubes to drain, so the fluid is just sitting there which increases the risk for more infections. Her surgery is scheduled for February 22, so please keep her in your prayers.

TTFN! Hopefully my next post will be less complaining... NOT!

7 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

Iris is so big! They grow uo fast. I hope you feel better today and from here on out. Those are some sweet choices for rings. If only.

Dahnelle said...

We pulled up almost that EXACT wad of hair and filth from our shower recently. Except it was brown hair, not blonde. And yeah, it's crazy how fast kids grow up. And I still haven't forgotten your tag. It's just that I have more...pressing matters to attend to on my blog in the next couple days. I'll get there still.

kjha said...

Thank you for posting the hair picture and not the dirty diaper picture. And Abby's hearing may have to do with her age, my boys both have hearing problems! feel better!

Shelly said...

I love the first pictured ring!!

So glad you are blogging now :)

n8'swife said...

Seriously that hair ball!!! Icky!!

Tam said...

I've had to clean hair messes like that out of a tub. . .UGH!! I totally feel for you (I wore latex gloves. . you know, like nurses wear, I'm such a wuss).

I loved the pics of the kids. . .particularly Iris amid the grits.

I just love ya!!!

theloulie said...

Gee, thanks for sharing the hairball picture...NOT!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Bleh! Bleh! Bleh!

Okay, that's out of my system. Aside from the nasty picture...I love your blog! You always make me laugh.