Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Blog Rating

Apparently no matter how hard I try, I end up with the blog rating of:



And for those on MC who said mentioning Dr. Pepper would get you at least a PG rating... you were totally pulling my leg. Not only did I mention Dr. Pepper, but beer (remember the beer that Nate won?) and getting my nose pierced. When this kind of stuff is in movies, it is at least PG. I guess I'll have to post some nude pictures of myself or something... wait, maybe just saying nude is enough. Let's hope so, I haven't taken a good nude picture of myself in almost three months!

Okay, so enough with the ratings.

I am completely disappointed that I can't even rate a PG. I think if these people knew me and talked to me with all the words I say like crap, dang it and oh my heck, they'd be revisiting their rating system all together.

Okay, so I really mean it, enough with the ratings. Here is some updated information for my blog stalking regulars. They did, in fact, hold church during the "winter weather", and they did not delay or close schools for an equally rainy day a couple of weeks ago. So, apparently, this storm tracking, reporting etc is about as consistent as the blog rating system... dang it there I go again (maybe that will increase my rating).

On to other updates. Abby was sick a while back with an ear infection. Between her hearing problems, ear infections and loud snoring (while asleep or awake), we are taking her to an ENT tomorrow. My biggest fear is that they will take her tonsils and adenoids out. I'm just not ready to put my daughter under the knife. From that point on, for the rest of her life, she'll have to put that she had surgery on all her medical forms. Already she has to put that she is allergic to penicillin. I mean the labeling and whatnot... But seriously, prayers that whatever happens she will be okay and we'll be able to pay for it would be great.

Now to my sweet little screamer-- I mean Iris. Her screaming is a bit better, but you might get a different answer if you talk to my friend Martha who watched her this afternoon. Apparently, she barely tolerates Daddy taking her from mommy, but when someone else does it, she goes ballistic. But like a true champ, Martha prevailed. And gave me this little bit of encouragement, "I really feel for you." It's good to get some sympathy when talking about your baby. That way if I ever start getting PG-13 rated at aerobics, Martha will back me up.

But Iris was sick a week and a half ago while Nate went to summer internship interviews in Salt Lake. This was mere days after Abby's ear infection. I'm beginning to think the Doctor's office thinks I like it there. They certainly think I like to pay them lots of money. Okay, Okay, focus. So Iris had a cold and wheezing then developed a fever which led to worse breathing. So I took her in on a Saturday. Her fever was 104.3 and her breathing rate was over 60 breaths per minute and she was "tagging" which means the skin around her chest was sucking in as she breathed (not a good sign). It took three breathing treatments in one hour to get her under control. So with breathing and fever under control and prescription in hand, we set off to Costco to buy $250 worth of medicine for my sweet baby. But she is very worth it and her breathing is doing much better. Now she is on Pulmicort twice a day and Xopenex when needed. Of course now she has some sort of eye secretions, but I'm hoping that wiping those and kissing her lots will make it go away. What do you think?

Nate did AWESOME on his finals and we are hoping to hear from a law firm soon about summer work. I am so proud of him. He really is a hard worker. And we are half a year closer to being done! YAY!

The biggest news is that our adoption became final in January. We are headed to the temple on March 1. I am sooooo excited that I get to take both of my girls in the temple and that our family and friends will be there. One of the greatest blessings of having to wait so long for our second miracle is that Abby will remember this day and this experience for the rest of her life. She deserves such memories for going through all she has the last three years. I'll blog more on the sealing and blessing and stuff later.

Sorry there aren't pictures. I'm too lazy to upload them. Now give me some good, juicy comments so my rating will go up!


HA HA HA HA HA! Now my blog is rated:



For the word "shoot"! ROFLMBO!

9 comments:

n8'swife said...

I should re-rate mine after my crap post!! Pretty soon you'll have your own parking spot at your Peds office! I hope that tomorrow goes well. Good Luck!

Rosie said...

I am so excited that you are going to the temple! Yay!

You have way cute girls and congrats on your hubbys finals. It is always a good day at our house when my hubby does something good:)
5kkkkks

All8 said...

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news. I can't wait to see pictures.

Oh, and good job Abby'sDad.

M&EMS said...

So sorry about sick and screaming kids! Congrats on the adoption being final! YEAH!!!

Michelle said...

Good to catch up on the news. Tell Nate good luck for me. Hopefully everyone is feeling better soon. I took Natalie in for her shots today, which is never fun. Still nothing like being really sick, though.

The HousewifeTravels said...

I'm so glad you blog. I love hearing from you. I hope the girls feel well soon. We'll keep you guys in our prayers. You've got a lot coming up. Good luck.

kjha said...

what a funny blog! you have a grear sense of humor. thanks for the smiles!

ooooo said...

Crapdiggity (hope that helps)

Congrats on getting the adoption finalized. We are still waiting to get into the new house so we can get back on the bandwagon. I hope that everything gets better with you DD's tonsils.

Lupe said...

Aw man! I hope your girls are feeling better. Prayers indeed! Also awesome news and the finalization and Temple trip! WAHOO!

About the rating system. I'm bummed that I'm stuck at G too. How can we be cool with a G rating? I'll have to do some subliminal wording.:)