What can I say? I'll miss him. I hope, his new friends take good care of him. We kept him as long as we could, but his repairs and lack of extra seating just became too much. He was a good friend, and has many years left to serve those who took him in.
And so we say good-bye, old friend. May your 4-wheel drive never lock up, may the newly rebuilt transfer case stayed lubed, and may the rising cost of fuel make that nectar so much sweeter. We love you and hope you'll forgive us for turning you out.
Our sweet, sweet SUV, named "Nate's Explorer" aka "Daddy's car" aka "Sexy Red" (okay I made that one up... but it sounds good).

PS We now have a van. It is a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan. We like it. I'll put a picture up once I take one. Abby said that she is sad we sold "Daddy's car" because she thinks we should have all three. Nate's holding up well with the loss. He is now focusing all his attention on the van (and those who know him know what that means), and Iris HATES the built in car seats. Me, I'm happy to have the extra seats for visitors or playdates. I'll miss "Sexy Red" because it brings back fond memories of premarital making out (sorry MIL), postmarital, prechildren road trips, sleeping in back at girl's camp, and traveling across the country pulling my Saturn in the middle of the summer.
PPS (or is it PSS?) My contest is still up and running until May 18th. And if you know the significance of that date (email me DON'T post it as a comment or else you will give it away), and you got the answers right, I'll put your name in twice for the prize! I just LOVE changing the rules in the middle of the game MMMUUUUUHHHAAAWWW!!!


4 comments:
"Dinged?" Is there something you haven't told me?
Soccer mom!
"He is now focusing all his attention on the van (and those who know him know what that means)" This made me laugh because I know EXACTLY what you mean. I think that is why Nate and Joe get along. We should hang out more often - oh wait, we can't because we live over a thousand miles apart. Well, if you're ever in the neighborhood....
When I first started reading this, I thought you were talking about a pet or somehting. Cute post!
Post a Comment