The girls and I took a detour in our Salt Lake adventure and drove to my hometown. Casper, WY is a simple place. It is growing and there are a lot of new things to see and do, but it still has the same, easy-going air about it. For the first time, my girls and I are staying with my sister, Molly. And why not? She has plenty of room, lots of toys to play with, not to mention her yummies-cupboard and a plethora of cousins! We enjoy staying with Nate's parents and my mom and step-dad. But life with Molly is a whole new experience.
When Molly visits me, she is ready for bed about 10 minutes after the kids go to bed. I never really understood it before... now I do. SHE IS BUSY!!! With a full-time job, working husband, three kids and a dog, she is going, going, going all day. Her kids are in school and sports and music lessons and gymnastics and when it is summer, they are in summer day care, sports, music lessons etc. Molly wakes up before 6am, makes herself beautiful (which doesn't take long), gets her kids ready, she drops them off, goes to work, picks them up, feeds them and then they are off to some sort of sporting event or family function. Her husband helps out too, but he is often at work. And sometimes his 8 hour days turn into 18 hour days. WOW!!!
But we are having fun playing in their spare time and visiting for the 10 minutes she can stay awake at night (wink). Last night I pulled 55 minutes out of her and we watched the first half of Twilight! What can I say? I am a sister who gives!
Now she is off for the rest of the week, and the kids are home too. So we have lots of fun plans like pretend play, mini-breakdowns, running through the sprinkler and movies! By the end I might not be able to stay up late either!
Molly is a great sister. Always cheerful, ever loving. She is like a soothing balm on anything that aches. This is true... lots of people tell me this and she makes a great impression on everyone. Another great thing about Molly is that she is totally gullible and fun to tease. But she doesn't get mad when she finds out I'm just playing with her... she laughs her big, boisterous laugh which just encourages me to keep doing it! Like she wants me to find pleasure in her embarrassment. WOW! She's great! LOL
And as an aunt, she is fantastic. She's like that aunt of yours who always had a lap to sit in, stories to tell, smiles to offer and candy stuffed in her pocket (but don't tell your mom-wink, wink). My kids ADORE her. And why shouldn't they? She learned everything noble and wonderful from me;) But the truth is, she is far better a person than I could hope to be, so I just enjoy what she has to offer!
No pictures since this is her computer and it's a small miracle I can even figure out how to put pictures up on my own. But just imagine me... taller, thinner, prettier with much, much better hair... and you've got Molly!
January 2019
7 years ago


3 comments:
Don't forget "younger!"
Sounds like you're having fun and keeping busy ;) Woot woot! ;)
Sounds fun! I have a sister a lot like that- they're awesome!
Post a Comment