Friday, December 11, 2009

Preemptive gift

So this year I've gotten a few Christmas gifts early. One was my fabulous trip to AZ to see New Moon with Darcy. Of course you've read all about that here!

Another was the porcelain-gold crown I had put on when my tooth cracked. Didn't read about this? Well it's not an exciting story. I was eating, my tooth broke, I got it fixed with a crown. It cost a lot of money. That's the story.

The other one was the beautiful bedding we bought to match our newly painted bedroom furniture. Since we didn't have money for new furniture and we were pretty sure our current bedding wouldn't help make our room look nice enough when we sell it, Nate painted our old furniture and it looks great.

I only have pictures of this last one (if you don't count the pictures from my trip, which I don't because they are already on here).

I don't have a good before picture of our furniture, which isn't too surprising since it was ugly and the only ugly pictures on this blog are reserved to wet hair balls I pull out of the tub. But I'm not talking about that now. Here are some pictures of my newly beautified room and preemptive Christmas present.

Here's the view from our door

Here's a good one of my dresser and Nate's dresser
You can see the pretty new knobs that Nate put on

Here's the bedding again. The white pillow was a gift for our wedding August 1998.

10 comments:

Jason and Amanda said...

I like it! Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! You forgot to say "This is where the magic happens" like they always do on MTV Cribs :)

mytee sooperox said...

Nate is amazing! I've tried several times to refinish furniture and have given up because it's too much work. Nate always makes it looks beautiful!

Lindsay said...

Go Nate! He did a great job! :)

Cindy said...

I do SO want a before picture! It's all so beautiful, though it makes me sad that part of the reason for the beauty is so that you can sell your house..and (sniff, sniff) leave us!!!! :(

Anonymous said...

Looks fab-u-lous! And I love the bedding...really pretty...

theloulie said...

Wow! it looks good black.

Michelle said...

Looks great! How's Ryann doing?

ooooo said...

I love that bed set. Greaat gift.....the crown on the tooth is too.

Verity said...

Love it!!!!