Monday, April 19, 2010

A Day in the Life

I wanted to take a moment and write this down since, hopefully, I will be looking back at this blog someday to remember my life now. There are no pictures even though numerous times I told myself to get the camera, but just didn't. This is what I did today:

6:30am
Woke up and did 35 minutes of Jillian's trouble zone workout (would love to get back to 55 minutes). Weighed myself on Wii and gained .4 pounds over two weeks.

7:15am-8:15am
Got Iris's cereal, made my bed, Iris's bed and tried to get Abby out of bed. Finally made her bed, sorted laundry, started a load, wiped down their bedroom, showered and wiped down my bathroom. Sometime in there Iris was dressed and her hair was done. Family prayer and sent Nate off to work. (Nate got Abby's breakfast for her)

8:15am-8:50am
Emptied dishwasher (reloaded when I realized the dishes were still dirty), wiped down counters, ate breakfast, wiped down table, checked email, signed Abby's schoolwork, swept the floor, headed out to take Abby to school.

8:50am-9:00
Took Abby to school. She arrived right at 9am and booked it passed the principal on his way inside from car line duty.

9:00am-10:45am
Drove to church, read a few pages of The Host while waiting for music makers, Had music makers.

10:45am-11:45am
Shopping at Walmart for goody bag stuff and bananas then drove home

11:45am-12:30pm
Unload car, switch laundry loads, fix lunch, eat

12:30pm-3:45pm
Make cupcakes with Iris, switch out laundry, stuff goody bags and frost cupcakes

3:45pm-5:00pm
Fold more laundry, greet Abby from school, get her started on homework, start working on cheese enchiladas for dinner

5:00-5:30pm
Play outside with neighbors.

5:30pm-6:45pm
Start rice, put enchiladas in, fight with Abby, fold laundry, call my mom, serve dinner to two whiny kids, start to clean up, give Iris breathing treatment, greet Nate home from school, serve Nate's dinner

6:45-7:30pm
Finish cleaning up dinner, bathe Iris, make Abby finish homework, scripture study and family prayer. Nate put Iris to bed (he's wonderful!!) I must have looked tired by now.

7:30-8:30pm
Start banana bread, put it in the oven, wash dishes, clean counters and table, sweep kitchen and dining room floors then swiffer them. Get Abby in the shower, set up ironing table and plug in iron.

8:30pm-9:30pm
Iron, check banana bread, put Abby in bed, take banana bread out, complete ironing while talking to my mom.

9:30pm-9:45pm
Sit on my bed and finish talking to my mom.

9:45-10:30pm
Check email, facebook, blogs and now typing this post.

For some reason I'm tired!


6 comments:

Leslie said...

you make me tired. I"m not sure we can be friends when you move here. You're going to make me look lazy. :)

Cindy said...

And here I thought you looked so fresh and energetic yesterday that I was sure all you did was make cupcakes! ;)

theloulie said...

I feel so lazy...no wonder you're tired.

Verity said...

Whew! I'm tired, too! :) Way to go!

Michelle said...

Isn't it amazing that as moms we can run around like that all day, and yet somehow it doesn't burn calories? Not fair!

n8'swife said...

Shesh! Slow down Amy, you're making the rest of us look bad :)!