Sunday, October 25, 2009

Brain Vacation

Abby informed me today that her brain is on vacation. Fair enough! I think my brain deserves a little vacation too. This is what it is enjoying:


In unrelated brain vacation news, Abby and Iris won a prize at the Annual HOA Halloween Costume Contest. Abby has won a prize there every year since we've been here. This is Iris' first win. They did the contest a bit differently this year. The last two years they have done 1st, 2nd, 3rd place for various age groups. This year, they had categories. Abby won for most original costume and Iris won for most adorable costume. They each got a bucket of games, toys and candy. All I can say is (and you can quote me)--"We came, we saw, we conquered!"

The two of them before the HOA Party

Abby's costume is a combo of an outfit my dad brought back from Japan when he was in the Vietnam War, the shoes are on loan from my awesome friend, Juli and the parasol and fan are from my private collection.

Iris' costume is from Costco ;)

Pudgy Rump Shot

10 comments:

Larissa said...

Just catching up on your blog. I love the costumes! Did Abby choose her own costume?

And, you've just validated my over-protective parenting tendencies. When you find an answer to all of those questions, let me know will you?

The Coxes said...

Awesome costumes, Amy!! Kendy :)

The HousewifeTravels said...

I can't believe you dreesed Abby up as a Geisha. Talk about pimpin' your self out....and for candy no less! :)

OUR HOUSE said...

Very cute. We haven't finalized costumes yet - I think we might need to do that.

Anonymous said...

Love them! So cute.

ooooo said...

I so love those costumes. Your kids are Beautiful! For my Braincations I like to read Entertainment Weekly

Jules said...

They look FABULOUS! :)

n8'swife said...

Good job on the wins!

Michelle said...

So cute! I love Halloween costumes. After reading your post about child abductions, I'm a little nervous myself. I let Carson walk two or three houses down to his friends' houses and play all the time. I can't see him outside in the front without actually going out my door. Maybe I'll have to rethink things, too...

turning about said...

Cute costumes!