Saturday, February 13, 2010

Holy Haircut Batman!

And it came to pass that there was a parental scheme to get the wild one to concede to an earlier rite of the 8 year old hair cut. After much toil upon the brow of the mother at growing her hair to an ungodly length, the heavens opened and a miracle (the secular kind, not the religious kind-- as we don't want this post to be overly blasphemous) occurred in the which both child and mother had great lengths reduced from their head-coverings.

And it came to pass that the wise mother researched adequate and modest hairstyles and found a person most able to assist in her quest. And after much fervent deliberation, it was decided that the wee one would but trim an amount, yea even only one inch from her head-covering as to let her hair grow to a satisfying maturity which cutting too early would be an abomination before all that is right in the area of head-coverings.

The result of years, yea even 3 years of growth:

The wild one


The wee one

The wise one


Inasmuch as they diligently sought the best stylist of reputation, they were rewarded with:

The wild one

The wise (AND HAWT) one

The "trinity" of hair beauty

And it came to pass that there was an abundance of blessings in the area of head-coverings and the wild and wise one pledged their abundance to those of lesser head-covering fortune. And in this action, all were well pleased.

Abundance of head-coverings blessings (wise one's on the left)

17 comments:

n8'swife said...

You all look awesome! I cannot believe how long your hair was Amy!! Super cute cut!

Leslie said...

You look gorgeous Amy!!! And I love Abby's hair too! Way cute! Love love love it!

Anonymous said...

Love it! You all look beautiful!

Tonia said...

You all look beautiful. I love the style you chose, very cute!!

theloulie said...

Lol, fun post! You look great, I can't believe how long those ponytails were.

Rachel Harlin said...

What GREAT haircuts!!!! I love them!!! You look gorgeous!

OUR HOUSE said...

Wow, you did it! Wise, Brave, and Hawt you are:)

Anonymous said...

Love it Amy! You all look great!

Verity said...

I'm lovin' the "trinity" of hair beauty--you guys look great!!!

mytee sooperox said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR! Great choice!

The Coxes said...

Amy - your hair looks great!! Your girls are super cute, too. Nice job!! Kendy :)

Cindy said...

You look stunning! And I continue to be amazed by your perseverance...I wouldn't have made it!

Larissa said...

Brady told me you cut your hair (at some point he was walking behind you at church and couldn't figure out why Nate was walking with some other girl) so I came straight here hoping to find a picture. You didn't let me down. I love the new 'do for all of you!

kjha said...

All of these awesome comments are WAY worth growing out the hair and cutting it! Plus, you all do look really cute.

ooooo said...

I love the hair cuts...and the way it was told too. Great looks

Karen said...

Love you in long hair, love you in short hair. Some people are lucky that way!

Lindsay said...

Love it, love it, love it! (Sorry I'm just catching up on it now!) Can't wait to see it in person!