Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My New Toy!

So Nate totally surprised me for Valentine's Day this year and bought me this:
It's a Lenovo ideapad and it is like a mini-laptop computer!

It's great! Nate has installed all kinds of things that I don't understand. He even tried to fit more memory on it, although that didn't work, but he assures me that he can put in new memory... whatever! I can surf the internet, update my blog (which, ironically, I'm not doing on my new toy right now), check fb, prepare my primary lesson and help Abby with her report on Rosa Parks (don't ask)! And it is about the same size as our portable DVD player! The great thing is that Nate has had me typing on an extra small keyboard for the desktop, obviously in preparation for getting me this, so I don't mistype nearly as often as one would think. That is to say, I can quickly tell when I've mistyped!

The best thing, though, is now I can be in the same room with my kids while I ignore them!

So thanks, Nate for the great present! It totally makes up for the manure you gave me in 2004, but doesn't surpass the first Valentine's present of a dozen roses and a clean bathroom... well a girl has to have priorities!

Can I get a WOOT for my fabulous hubby?

6 comments:

Cindy said...

How cool! I want to see it in person!

n8'swife said...

What an awesome Valentine's present!!

Rachel Harlin said...

How exciting! And cute too!!! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

WOOT WOOT! Go Nate!

Karen said...

That's a cute little toy you have there. Yay for Nate! Tell me more...Is it like a netbook or a laptop?

Amy said...

Karen-- It is like a netbook. It is really light and portable like a laptop. Now I have a cover that fits I might get to take it out of the house:)