We’ve had some first days recently (okay not THAT recently, since it’s been forever since I’ve posted). Nate’s first day as a lawyer, Abby’s first day at school and Iris’s first day of preschool. When did all of that happen?
Abby started school on August 23rd. She is a third grader! I can’t believe it! She generally likes school. She loves seeing kids from church all over school. She loves her dancing class and three recesses and she loves art! After some drama with the bus I am now just driving her to and from school. It is 1 ½ miles from home, so it isn’t a big deal. We’ve done a few fundraisers, one field trip and one class party so far. I’m staying a safe distance from PTA, but still helping out where needed. So far, it’s been a good year! We have parent teacher conference toward the end of November, so you’ll probably be hearing about that by springtime ;)
Iris started preschool on September 28th. She LOVES preschool. She goes to the local high school and her teachers are child development students there. She is enjoying that time for just herself. She is good about jumping into her routine when I drop her off, but she is still excited to see me when I pick her up. She is learning nursery rhymes right now. They let her paint, which is restricted here (because of the mess and because I’m not afraid to admit that I use my parental control to my advantage). Her class had a great Halloween party in which parents were invited. We did crafts, read books, learned about Humpty Dumpty and then trick or treated through the halls of the high school. You know, high school kids think they are so cool… well all it takes is a couple dozen little kids in fairy, princess, super hero and wizard costumes to make those high school kids smile and make goofy faces and try to impress little preschoolers. So fun!
Nate officially became an attorney on October 13th. I don’t have pictures because the girls and I were stuck in the back while the admittees were up front and you couldn’t see anything, but we could hear when his name was called and we enjoyed the cupcakes we got afterward. All in all, it was good to support him in his lawyer dream all the way up to end! Now he can officially hand out his business card and consider himself a lawyer.
![]() |
| Abby's first day of 3rd grade |
![]() |
| Iris's first day of preschool |






No comments:
Post a Comment