We've had Homer up for a while. It took the neighbor's collective begging to get Nate to put Homer up early. Last year it seems like he put Homer up a few days before Christmas. But for the neighbors and in the true spirit of Christmas, he put him up a little early. For some reason, our neighbors really enjoy spending hours putting their own lights and yard decorations up AND still like us for just plugging ours in and anchoring him down. But the people in the South are nice and hospitable.
He looks so peaceful there, doesn't he? We are all about spreading peace!

Today, Abby and I made our gingerbread house. This is from a cutting kit I bought a couple of years ago. The dough recipe pretty much SUCKS, so we had to improvise a bit. It's not like we planned on eating it anyway. But it is fun to lather it up with icing and stick candy to it. We always enjoy that. Abby enjoys eating the candy... which I do to I have to admit. Last year my mom sent us one of the those premade ones that you just put together. That was fun and all, pretty perfect, but it just doesn't compare to what we created today. Our house today has a lopsided roof, crooked walls, and way more icing in the cracks than a Candyland plumber (LOL I just made that up)! But it was two hours of mommy- daughter- sometimes father-even the other daughter FUN!
So here are the pictures in chronological order:
Here is Nate making the gingerbread on Sunday night... He's HOT!

Abby and I making the icing

We have the first two walls up... what a feat!

Iris realized she wasn't getting any photo action... yes that is her smile.

Abby was ever so helpful licking the knife

Again, Iris wanted her picture taken... again, this is what she does when we say "smile"

Here is Nate getting the roof ready to put on
Construction is complete and decorating begins

The final product

A close up of the finished gingerbread house... YUMMY!

Another angle just for fun

Abby posing with her work of art

Mommy helping take some credit... and yes this is what happens when I'm told to "smile"

Iris was not having any of that... she wanted more pictures taken. BTW this is not her pooping face

This is
(Just kidding, she isn't pooping at this moment, but she is cute)

Abby and I making the icing

We have the first two walls up... what a feat!

Iris realized she wasn't getting any photo action... yes that is her smile.

Abby was ever so helpful licking the knife

Again, Iris wanted her picture taken... again, this is what she does when we say "smile"

Here is Nate getting the roof ready to put on
Construction is complete and decorating begins
The final product

A close up of the finished gingerbread house... YUMMY!

Another angle just for fun

Abby posing with her work of art

Mommy helping take some credit... and yes this is what happens when I'm told to "smile"

Iris was not having any of that... she wanted more pictures taken. BTW this is not her pooping face

This is
(Just kidding, she isn't pooping at this moment, but she is cute)


13 comments:
Abby and Iris seem to get bigger each time I see them! Merry Christmas. We'll miss your family in Casper. If you're bored, my new blog is www.deanlorimer.blogspot.com
That looks like so much fun!!! Iris is adorable! Thanks for the laughs! And really, it's not too bad letting the girls sew. It's kind of fun! Merry Christmas!
Your house turned out great! I forgot to tell you--our other trick now is that we use hot glue to get our houses to stick together, then we cover everything with icing.
BTW--I love the picture of the girls!
I'm impressed you made your own gingerbread. We're doing a premade one this year!
Ahh, the ginger bread house turned out really good. LOL, about the smile faces, oh and the poopy face.
Well, your last post failed to inspire me, despite the title. But this time I think you may have inspired me to make a REAL gingerbread house next year instead of the pre-fabricated one we did this year. Oh, and I LOVED the candyland plumber joke. Nicely done. And Joe likes your Homer Santa.
That was awesome, Amy! Very funny! And kudos to Nate for participating--what a guy!
Awesome pics. . .looks like fun!
Loved all the pictures! Merry "3 Days after Christmas!"
Great house. Love the faces Iris makes for the camera! Looks like fun Christmas memories!
Very nice, you've got excellent gingerbreading skills! And, I love everyone's "smiling" faces :) Hope youre Christmas was very merry :)
I was totally laughing at the part about homer. That just seems so like you.
No blog entry is complete without a "pooping" face.
Post a Comment