
My Most Beautiful Christmas Tree
I have a beautiful tree of green
It is neither full or lean
It's ornaments don't match
And it's branches might scratch
It is the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have a small family of four
I couldn't ask for more
My oldest helps to decorate it
My youngest tries to decimate it
It's the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have a few decorations
A hodge podge for the celebrations
Given in love from friends and family
I put them all out to proudly display
It's the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have my favorites that hang
From school crafts or a timely exchange
They decorate the branches with color
We feel the Christmas Spirit together
It's the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have never won an award
It may seem weird or awkward
There are no big coordinating orbs
And the varying colors take much to absorb
It's the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have no real need to defend it
Even if some wouldn't commend it
Cause it's proof of a life filled with love
And the blessings of family from above
It IS the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have a beautiful tree of green
It is neither full or lean
It's ornaments don't match
And it's branches might scratch
It is the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have a small family of four
I couldn't ask for more
My oldest helps to decorate it
My youngest tries to decimate it
It's the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have a few decorations
A hodge podge for the celebrations
Given in love from friends and family
I put them all out to proudly display
It's the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have my favorites that hang
From school crafts or a timely exchange
They decorate the branches with color
We feel the Christmas Spirit together
It's the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have never won an award
It may seem weird or awkward
There are no big coordinating orbs
And the varying colors take much to absorb
It's the most beautiful Christmas tree
I have no real need to defend it
Even if some wouldn't commend it
Cause it's proof of a life filled with love
And the blessings of family from above
It IS the most beautiful Christmas tree


9 comments:
That was beautiful, just like your tree.
I've been feeling pretty hum-buggy so far this season, and your poem made me smile and feel good about the holiday for the first time in a long time.
Thank you for sharing your poem and your talent!!!
Very Nice Amy ;)
I was on pins and NEEDLES to read your poem...I love it! I am in full agreement about a tree being filled with love. Good job. And email me your address, please, so I can send a card. :)
Hey--I think any poem that can include the word decimate is an automatic winner!
ps--our tree wouldn't go in any magazines....
Great job!!! I too have one of those a little of everything trees and I would not have it any other way. History and memories are attached to every ornament and branch. Merry christmas
Cool! Great poem that makes such a good point. That is the kind of tree I grew up with and continue to have.
I love your poem. Our trees are the same way. In fact, Shane prides himself on the Charlie Brown trees he always gets. It's much more fun to have a tree that tells a story rather than one that should be on a magazine. I think you're tells a great story! Merry Christmas!
What a perfect was to describe a great Christmas Tree. I was thinking the same thing when we put up ours, but when it was all decorated and the flood of memories came to me, I would have no other Christmas Tree and ours is perfect for us!
Thanks for sharing that so I could remember that feeling again.
I LOVE it! Very poetic and cute!
Post a Comment