I know the title of my post sounds like a bad punch line in an even worse joke, but I promise, it's not! So Abby was reading to me (she has to read 15 minutes every day). She was reading "Skippyjon Jones" which is a super cute book that Darcy brought for her. It is about a Siamese cat who thinks he is anything other than a Siamese cat. In the book his mother gets unhappy at him because he is always trying to be something he isn't. So she catches him waking up with some birds and banishes him to his room. While in his room, Skippyjon Jones ( and if you want the full effect, you have to say it like Abby... super fast.. skippyjonjones) starts bouncing on his bed and notices his reflection in the mirror. Only it isn't his reflection but that of a Chihuahua. And he says (imagine this is done in an attempted Spanish accent by a six year old), "My ears are too beeg for my head..my head ees to beeg for my body. I am not a Siamese cat, I am a CHIHUAHUA!". So you get the picture that Abby gets into this book. And she loves when the mom talks and she gets all loud and mean (I'm not sure why she thinks the mom is loud and mean). Well Skippyjon Jones' mom calls him silly names like Mr. Kitten Britches and Abby thinks those are so funny. Soon she is reading this part where his mom refers to him as "Mr. Futternutter". However, Abby says, "Fuzzy Nuts"! I about DIED! I laughed so hard I snorted... TWICE. Then I kept repeating, "Fuzzy Nuts, Fuzzy Nuts" laughing and snorting. Abby thought that was so funny that she started laughing hysterically. Then I realized I really didn't want her going around saying Fuzzy Nuts, so I stopped laughing but she just kept trying to repeat this experience. Only lucky for me, she couldn't remember what she had said exactly that made me react like that, so she was trying all kinds of combinations. I didn't dare tell her what it was again, but it sure was funny!
Abby is just about one of the most entertaining kids I know. Tonight she got out of bed to tell me that she was just thinking that after ballet she should take some swimming lessons and went on and on about how her last swim teacher (which was when we lived in Ridgecrest) told her that her next teacher would teach her this or that. Finally I just said, "Abby, can we talk about this tomorrow?" And she said, "Sure" and walked out. Then there was the time she came into my room at 3am to ask me why the moon isn't a planet. But the thing about that is she asked me that several days before and apparently wasn't satisfied with my answer.
So some friends and I were discussing my blog and they were telling me that it has a reputation for being funny. I really can not take any credit for this. It is my life that is funny. It is all the comical genius that is my husband, kids and the occasional crazy friend. I just report the funny, I don't make it!
January 2019
7 years ago


9 comments:
Well you report it delightfully! :)
I'm so glad she's enjoying that book (and you, too, apparently!). "My head ees too beeg for my bodee." Ha!
Lol, that is a wonderful story. Half the fun of having kids is watching them grow up and their adventures inbetween :)
I think that's hillarious Amy, I think I might have to remind Abby what it was you didn't want her to say ;)
No... you're funny. I promise.
That's hysterical. But of course that's only what I've come to expect...every time...from your blog.;)
I think it's you that's funny. Great story about Abby.
Those were awesome stories- Abby is hilarious and such a thinker. She must have a good (and FUNNY, yes you are) mom. I love the dominoes activity too. It's so true that when we actually take time to play with our kids we can have a lot of fun together. Thanks for the reminder! :)
I LOVE the Skippyjon Jones' books, even more so than my kids probably, but they love them too. I love to try and fake the accent. And coincidently, I read the Mom kind of loud and mean too. I don't know why. Now I will love it even more, because whenever I read the books I will think of Fuzzy Nuts. But don't worry, I'll never tell Abby:)
Post a Comment