Well I'm sure the North Carolinians know this already, but today it snowed! Apparently it hasn't snowed like this in a few years. Last night on the news, the anchorwoman had to go through instructions on how to drive in the snow (roll your eyes here). I thought that was pretty funny. Everyone waited anxiously by the news websites to see if school would be canceled. EVERYTHING was canceled, except for Duke! Which is funny since Nate didn't get to all his reading yesterday. He was really hoping they would close Duke... no luck! Of course, Abby already had the day off for a teacher work day, but it was fun to get out in the snow. It was cold too about 27 degrees. With the wind chill it might be 25! LOL Here are some fun pictures of the kids enjoying the snow. Our neighbors have a sweet hill and some sleds so we took advantage of that too. Afterwards we came in to warm up with hot cocoa and The Goonies!
Oh and BTW I am all recovered and back to normal... no more slacking for me. I even cleaned the floors which was probably stupid and fruitless with all the snow and wet. Oh well...
Enjoy!

Abby and Iris all bundled up for the snow

The view from our porch. Snow is pretty, but too cold.

Abby is attempting to make a snowball. I taught her
after I nailed her with one!

Can you believe this is Iris' first time in snow?!?

Abby's perfect Snow Angel!

Cute picture of Iris... but really are there any pictures of her that aren't cute?

Iris is sharing our neighbor's sled. Thanks Paige!

Abby with Paige's brother, Jake! Sledding is fun!

Max and Abby are tackling this sweet hill!

No you aren't seeing things, I'm sledding with my friend, Donna and her son Jack. Sledding is way more fun than vertigo!
And here is a short video of Abby making her snow angel and Iris talking a bit:
10 comments:
So fun! I am actually hoping for another snow storm (not today, but later, later on) so we can make a snowman. Crazy...
glad you are feeling better, that is an awful feeling to be sick like that. Take care!
Such fun. I was just getting ready to post my snow pictures, though they are not as cute as yours! And I miss the great reindeer picture of Iris--that one is a keeper!
Wow that is A LOT of snow. I think that rivals Las Vegas' snowfall. It looks like the girls had a great time, though.
We loved the snow today! Too bad Nate didn't get the school cancellation - I was pretty bummed that the hospital didn't shut down for Brian, either. :)
That looks similar to the worst snow storm we've had here in Texas...dumb drivers who don't know how to drive in the snow (roll my eyes). We miss the snow, but we don't miss the cold. Too bad it doesn't snow in the 60's or 70's.
Great post, pics, and video!!! I may not show my kids, though, because they would be SOOOOOOO jealous! It'd be great to get one good snow up here before we move back, for the kids' sake. I can handle the snow, but I HATE ice on the roads!!!
Oh sure, YOU get the snow! It looks like fun, love the pics, and glad you are feeling better!
Snow is great for a day. I wish we would have gotten some earlier this winter. Great pictures!
How fun!! (well, fun that it's not HERE, LOL).
I loved the video.
YAY! Nothing like a good sleigh ride to cure you of vertigo. hahaha. Looks like fun. Count me in for next year! (Yep, it's true. I'm headed your way in July!)
Post a Comment