Okay so IF I visit Costco 4 times in 2 weeks this is why it isn't entirely my fault. First time I bought paper towels because I had a coupon, forgot to give the coupon (my fault). 2nd time I take the paper towels back because I didn't get there before coupon expired (my fault). On this trip I buy laundry detergent and other things, including paper towels (cheaper ones of course). 3rd time I go to get the coupon price for laundry detergent since a coupon appears in the mail two days AFTER purchasing said detergent. On this trip I also buy V-8 for Nate* because there is a coupon and other things. Gave the coupon to the guy and he didn't use it (Costco's fault). So now I have to make ANOTHER trip to Costco to get the coupon price on V-8, but will no doubt spend $50 saving $2.50 just like I did with the paper towels and detergent Costco runs. So I ask... are the coupons really saving me money or time?
*Don't ask me why I just found out Nate drinks V-8 --- GAG--- after being married to him for 11 years, I guess because it is fun and exciting to find out new things about each other after so long. I would think fun like he likes to take spontaneous trips to Paris or exciting like he likes to buy me jewelry on a whim, but V-8 will have to do!
January 2019
7 years ago


13 comments:
haha, you make me laugh. I would have to answer no to your question. How much gas money did you spend running back and forth to save $2.50?
Ha lol. Yeah, sometimes I'd rather pay a little more for the sake of convenience so I would probably forego all the returns for price adjustments.
We have sam's club down here and I do the same thing. I can never get out of there with just the one thing I wnt in for. My husband is worse.
You've made me realize why I am glad Costco is 1.5 hrs away. I would be doing the same thing and spending way too much money on yummy cheesecakes.
I realized tonight that I went this afternoon and forgot my coupon...I think I will learn from your example and kiss that $1.40 goodbye!
LOL! That's why I don't use them! I watch for deals or go to stores that have deals that I don't have to clip coupons for. I always forget to use them too! But at least this gives you something to fill up your days with. After all, our men just think we sit around eating bon bons and reading books all day long. :)
Not only do you get the coupon savings, but if you eat all of the free samples (and take 2 of the ones you really like) you've gotten a free a meal, and depending on how many family members you fed off of free samples, you've saved the cost of lunch and the time making lunch. Really, you've saved yourself some serious cash! So worth those return trips. :)
Amy, I'll gag right with you! My Nate drinks V8 too, gross!!!
Did you at least buy yourself a churro? That much annoyance deserves a deep fried sugary treat.
I never get out of Costco without spending $50 or more. With or without coupons. They do have a lot of good stuff that we use...very funny post, Amy!
You need a new book to read...I hear Costco has a great book section. :)
Ditto Amy! That's so true! Costco coupons are overrated. But I still love Costco!
Ha! I seriously can't get out of that store without spending $50 or more (which, let's face it, is only like 5 things)...so I try to only go in there once every 10 days or so. :)
Post a Comment