Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sometimes it's better not to look too close

When I run/walk in the mornings I often see strange shaped things in the road. I'm curious and find they are dead frogs or snakes.

Then there is the massive spider web Nate found last night as our outside lights silhouette it from behind. That massive spider web is occupied by a massive spider.

But thanks to my friend, Malinda, I now know what it is about Walmart that just creeps me out. Until now I'd walk into Walmart, with a little feeling of trepidation, but because I can't find a source, I continue with my much needed bargain shopping. This is what lurks when you look too close:







































If you can't resist the urge to view more, go here. I must warn you though, some of the captions and pictures are a little... um... unedited (like the picture of the bumper sticker that says I "heart"... well I just can't type it)! Now I can't decide if I want to avoid Walmart altogether, or if I want to visit more often, but with my camera so I can see a picture I take on this site!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Our very own Melisa Walker turned me on to this site and I can't look away!

Anonymous said...

I almost took this same kind of picture today at Costco! There was this old dude shopping wearing a t-shirt that said "WHOOT! There it is!" I was totally laughing! But I couldn't figure out a way to take a pic without being too obvious...

Kerri McMahon said...

I have been peeking at this site..it is hard not to. You really start to wonder about people. :)

Cindy said...

Someone just sent me a link to a site with pictures like these--now I'm afraid that when I'm at Walmart people all around me are secretly taking pictures!

n8'swife said...

I'll have to check the site out. I'm sure that plenty of Ridgecrest Walmart shoppers could make it on the site!!

Stephanie Lanoy said...

I just want you to know... I just looked through every picture on that site. It pretty much made my day. My stomach hurts from laughing!

kjha said...

I had a strict no nighttime shopping at the ridgecrest walmart...Scary! But what was there in the day time was quite entertaining! (Although, there was one particular checker who did scare my kids. I bet some of you will know who I mean...)

theloulie said...

I just looked at this site yesterday, pretty funny stuff! Some of those people looked familiar....

ooooo said...

I Love that website. As an Arkansas native I go to walmart a bunch and it is always funny what you find there.

Jules said...

Once again, you have enriched my life.

turning about said...

I have seen some pretty interesting people myself here at the local Ridgecrest Walmart. It always freaks me out! BTW Congrats to Nate on the Job in Utah.

The Coxes said...

Amy - I've seen this website - it is hilarious!! And it was great to see you on Saturday! Kendy :)