If you remember, Darcy flew out to Durham to watch Twilight with me. While she was here, we secretly planned that I would fly to AZ to watch New Moon with her. We couldn't speak of our secret plot out loud. I had to warm Nate up a bit, slip it into conversation here and there. I'd say, "Wow that was cool of Darcy to fly out here. Her husband is really great. Wouldn't it be cool if I flew out to AZ for New Moon." He'd shrug and go on. Eventually, I got braver. I started saying things like, "Oh I don't think I should go to Chicago with you this summer after all." He said, "Why?" And I'd say, "Well then I can save us some money so I can fly out to AZ for New Moon." This evolved into, "So what are you doing with the kids while I'm in AZ for New Moon." And when it was time to look at tickets I said, "I guess I better take a look at ticket prices so I don't pay too much for my trip to see New Moon." At this point, I think Nate was resigned to the fact I was going. He decided not to stand in the way of my plans. He is a brilliant man.
It helped the my girls have been whiny, clinging and exhausting. A few weeks ago I think he'd seen that I'm just about at my sanity breaking point. I brought up the plane tickets again and asked if he was mad or if he would resent me going. He said, "No." Like I said, the BEST husband in the whole wide world!
So I'd like to thank Nate for giving me this gift of a weekend away by myself. I'd like to thank Darcy for flying out last year and being willing to put me up at her place this year. Thank you Stephenie Meyer for writing such an awesome book series. Thank you Tami for finding a way to bring up Twilight at any and all get togethers, and also for sending me new moon clips and addicting me to this site. And thank you casting director who gives me pretty things to look at like this:

And this:


10 comments:
I am glad you had a picture of Jacob, because dang, he looks great with that haircut! I'm actually excited to see the movie--I will need to watch the 1st one again first, though!
Hubba! Thanks for the eye candy!
You do have a great husband, I couldn't get mine to be okay with one day at Magic Mountain, kudos Nate.
I hope you guys have a great time! It's always good for mommy to stay sane!
Nate, you are a saint! Joe would die. I mean, he would LITERALLY DIE!
Did Jacob get his hair cut? I guess I was focusing on something else. And you can come over and watch Twilight with me anytime, Cindy!
WHOOOOOOHOOOO! It is so wrong that Taylor looks THAT good! I mean..I'm border line breaking the law when I see that pic. Brent can NOT go with me to ee that movie. It wouldn't turn out well. ;)
I agree that Nate is one cool dude about this whole thing. But I've got to give props to my own hubby, since I got him started with this whole thing we've created.
Of course, maybe Nate will blame him for putting him in this predicament. Ha!
I can't wait!!
Looks awesome! Lately I've been listening to the books on my ipod, and it's been great to get housework done and listen to books at the same time. That way I don't get behind, but I still get to do what I want to be doing.
You crack me up. You should write a book. Wait, you are writing a book! Did you know you can get your whole blog printed in PDF format? I saw that on www.CutestBlogontheBlock.com. You could really publish this stuff. :)
Oh, Amy, this post had me crying because I was laughing so much. The house is empty with Jason at work and kids at school, so I LAUGHED, and LAUGHED, and LAUGHED to my heart's content. I am SO happy you can get out to AZ and I am SO happy Nate's a good sport about it. Hurray! :)
Post a Comment