Sometimes, when the fighting stops and the tantrums end, the girls seem in sync with one another. They look at each other and smile and I see glimpses of them as woman being best friends. This happened this morning. We are frantically getting ready for Abby's first soccer game. I'm ordering one girl this way, one girl that way. The girls are seated at the table eating their breakfast of pancakes and bacon (left overs, I'm not crazy enough to cook on this hectic morning) and I tell Iris to eat her vitamin. Abby says, "Wait, Iris, let's eat it together." Iris immediately shakes her head and says, "No." But she peers over at Abby and together they bite their vitamins and smile at each other like they are the only two people in the room.
It's moments like this that give me hope in their future. As long as they have each other, they'll always have a friend!
January 2019
7 years ago


3 comments:
Amen! I think my very favorite part of being a mom is watching the sweet sibling interactions. :) Your girls are so lucky to have each other.
I wish we had more of those moments each day!
That is very sweet, I love when my boys do that too.
Post a Comment