So I haven't posted since July 27th and the last thing I posted was a girl farting. So, it's been bugging me that I haven't offered you anything else. And this won't be much better... except I won't be mentioning farting at all, so that will be better.
So we are home, now in NC. We spent almost two weeks winding our way back across the country. We went to Casper, WY first and spent a few days visiting family. Then we went to Sioux Falls, SD to see Nate's brother, Paul and his family. We haven't been there since Abby was a few months old. They've got a new house and it was really fun to see it. They also have teenagers, so we went out with Paul and Janelle TWO nights in a row. Of course, on Saturday, we ended up going to Walmart at 10:30pm... but that is how we party these days!
Our next stop was in Omaha, NE. Nate has a friend who lives there. Tande has put us up in her house numerous times. She is always so hospitable and gave us her bed yet again! Thanks Tande. This time we decided to spend the next morning at the Omaha Zoo with Tande. That was fun. This is probably the BEST zoo I've ever been to and I've been to lots INCLUDING the famous San Diego Zoo. That afternoon we headed over to Nauvoo, IL. We didn't get there in time to do anything but check in, eat, swim a little and sleep. So we went to Historic Nauvoo the next morning. One morning is NOT enough time to see everything, but we did see the temple and a cute play for the girls. We saw the graves of Joseph and Hyrum Smith also.
After Nauvoo we went to Springfield, IL with the sole purpose of visiting the Lincoln Presidential Museum. WAY COOL!!! Again there wasn't enough time to see everything, but I liked that the girls could play in a play room while I actually got to enjoy the exhibits. I really hope to go back again someday and would recommend it to anyone.
After Springfield, we went to Cincinnati to visit my best friend, Shannon and her family. They just moved there from Casper about six months ago. We were able to spend Wednesday night through Friday night there. This is the longest time I've been able to spend with her since I moved away 11 years ago. She has three cute girls ages 3 and under. And it was so fun getting to know them and watching them play with my girls. My girls were in TOY HEAVEN!!! We also went to a very cool aquarium while we were there. She talked me into trying Skyline Chili again and it wasn't too bad. I wish we had had more time, but we were eager to get home.
Friday seemed like such a long day in the car. It didn't help that we had oodles of traffic all the way home along with TWO traffic jams, one of which lasted about 30 minutes. The girls were troopers the whole trip until this day. They screamed and fought so much! I was not nice Mommy at all! But we all survived. We got home, ate pizza, unloaded the car and went to bed!
Where are the pictures you ask? Well they are on a camera, somewhere in a camera bag, somewhere in my house. They may make it on this blog. They probably will sometime. But I figured a LAME update without pictures was better than another day of the farting girl!
January 2019
7 years ago


5 comments:
Glad you guys made it safe. Sounds like a really fun trip; can't wait to see the pictures!
Appreciate the update! We should have visited my mil while she was in Omaha.
Now we need pictures and updates on what happened in your house while you were away! Sounds like a fun trip.
I like your lame updates! Except for the part about being so jealous of all the fun things you did. But then the thought of being in the car all that time made me be o.k. with it.
Glad your back safe, that would be nice coming home to an updated house. Sounds like it was a great trip home.
Post a Comment